Location: This workshop is delivered live online 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET daily. It can be taken from the comfort of your home or office – remotely from any tablet, laptop or computer. As a special service to attendees, Dr. Mars will be available for individual questions during office hours from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET daily throughout the week of the class.
For many companies, validating the service life for an elastomeric product is the most time-consuming and expensive stage of the product development process. Physical testing requires investment in prototypes that will be destroyed and lengthy trials that execute on expensive equipment. This course shows how Endurica software can be applied to virtually evaluate fatigue performance and solve design issues at the concept stage. A training license for Endurica’s suite of software solutions – Endurica CL, Endurica DT and Endurica EIE – is included in the cost of this course. After this course, you will be ready to use the software to diagnose and solve fatigue issues.
– Understand key ingredients and workflows of successful fatigue analysis for rubber
– Be able to select and specify material models that accurately describe elastomer stress-strain and fatigue behavior
– Know how to define and manage realistic loading history
– Understand principles needed for accurate fatigue analysis: critical plane analysis, rainflow counting, and damage accumulation
– Set up a Finite Element model to ensure accurate fatigue analysis
– Use Endurica Software to solve durability issues involving multiaxial, variable amplitude loading
– Overview of simulation capabilities and workflows
– Setting up the stress-strain model
– Using material models for fatigue – fully relaxing
– Using material models for fatigue – nonrelaxing and strain crystallization
– Industry Applications: bushing, exhaust mount, prosthetic joint, tire
– Calibrating crack precursor size
– FEA for life prediction
– Dealing with thermal effects
– Dealing with Multiaxial loading in fatigue analysis with CL
– Dealing with Variable amplitude loading in fatigue analysis with CL
– Block cycles schedules and incremental analysis using DT
– Dealing with length load signals: nonlinear mapping and interpolation using EIE
Format: The workshop features live lectures and live exercises focused on Endurica’s workflow and software solutions.
Price: Members $1,495 / Non-member $1,595
Instructor: Dr. William V. Mars, P.E., President of Endurica LLC
Dr. Will Mars is the founder and President of Endurica LLC, the global leader in durability management solutions for rubber. Endurica’s testing and simulation solutions bring unmatched speed and accuracy to product development organizations, enabling them to compete and win on durability. Dr. Mars has received several awards for his scientific contributions and innovations, including the 2017 Rubber Division ACS Arnold Smith Special Service Award, the 2007 Sparks Thomas award of the ACS Rubber Division, and the 1999 Henry Fuchs award of the SAE Fatigue Design & Evaluation committee. Dr. Mars is the editor of the journal Rubber Chemistry & Technology, and past editor of Tire Science & Technology with 50+ peer-reviewed publications and four patents. His experiences and contributions span a topic range including material characterization, product evaluation, constitutive modeling, crack nucleation, fracture mechanics and fatigue life prediction methods.