Joining a Student Chapter is a wonderful and educational way to learn more about the industry and your chosen profession, while meeting other students and just having fun! Field trips to local rubber industry companies and the possibility of attending Rubber Division, ACS and Rubber Group meetings are also part of the excitement of joining a chapter.
Rubber Division, ACS currently has the following Student Chapters:
Benefits of Being a Rubber Division, ACS Student Chapter
- Complimentary exhibit space at the expo during our International Elastomer Conference (price does not include any booth furnishings)
- $500 travel reimbursement for the Student Chapter President to our International Elastomer Conference
- $25 Rubber Division, ACS Student Membership
- Opportunity for participation at the Student Colloquium & Poster Session during our International Elastomer Conference; four $1,500 scholarships are awarded
- One $1,000 scholarship awarded to a Student Chapter Member as determined by the faculty advisor
- Rubber Division, ACS undergraduate scholarships - two awarded each year totaling $10,000
- Access to scholarship opportunities through local Rubber Groups
- Professional opportunities at the Career Fair during our International Elastomer Conference
- Resources available through the local Rubber Group
- Access to resources through the Rubber Division, ACS staff & our website
- Opportunities for networking and career development within our industry
- Company tours set up through Rubber Division, ACS
- Internships available at many companies throughout our industry
- Discounts on all training programs through Rubber Division, ACS
Next Steps to Make it Happen
- Investigate the steps needed to set up a new campus organization at your college or university. The procedures vary from campus to campus.
- Identify a Faculty Advisor and at least six student members.
- Create proposed Student Chapter bylaws.
- Submit a letter to the Rubber Division, ACS Student Affairs Committee requesting approval to establish your Student Chapter and include the proposed Student Chapter bylaws. The letter must be signed by the six student members and the Faculty Advisor. A motion will be forwarded by the Student Affairs Committee to the Rubber Division, ACS Executive Committee for approval.
- Vote-in a Student Chapter President and Board.
- An official Student Chapter plaque will be presented to your designated Student Chapter representative(s) at the next Rubber Division, ACS semi-annual meeting.
- Work with the local Rubber Group to participate in their meetings.
- Contact Heather Maimone, Membership Manager, at email@example.com to be assigned your exhibit space at the expo during our International Elastomer Conference.
- Work with Heather Maimone regarding assistance, scheduling tours of rubber companies, establishing scholarship procedures, etc.
Contact Heather Maimone, Membership Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or to begin setting up a student chapter today!