Science & Technology Awards
Rubber Division, ACS annually honors the best of the best with the most prestigious awards in our industry – our Science & Technology Awards. Our Science & Technology Awards include:
- Charles Goodyear Medal - Sponsored by HF MIXING GROUP
- Melvin Mooney Distinguished Technology Award - Sponsored by Lion Elastomers
- George Stafford Whitby Award for Distinguished Teaching & Research - Sponsored by Cabot Corporation
- Sparks-Thomas Award - Sponsored by Endurica, LLC
- Chemistry of Thermoplastic Elastomers Award - Sponsored by Renkert Oil, LLC
- Fernley H. Banbury Award - Sponsored by ACE Laboratories
- Bioelastomer Award - Sponsored by Cancarb
Recipients are selected by the Science & Technology Awards Committee, composed of distinguished experts from academia and industry. The Committee is chaired by Dr. Maria Ellul, ExxonMobil Chemical Company (Retired) and also includes the current Rubber Division, ACS Chair and Editor of Rubber Chemistry & Technology.
Award winners are honored during our spring technical meeting the following year. Winners receive their awards at the Science & Technology Awards Banquet and give a presentation on their work in the Awards Symposium following the banquet.
Nominations are due to the Committee, no later than June 30 each year.
|Nomination Period (for following year awards
||Ends June 30
||May - July
|Selection of Recipients
|Notification of Recipients (confidential)
|Announcement of Award Winners (public)
|Awards Banquet & Awards Symposium
||Spring Technical Meeting - April/May
CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT HOW TO NOMINATE AN INDIVIDUAL.
CLICK HERE FOR AWARD DESCRIPTIONS.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of one of our Science & Technology Awards?
Contact our Marketing & Communications Director, Gretchen Cermak, at email@example.com or 330-595-5540.