The Rubber Division, ACS library is a shared collection within the University of Akron Science & Technology Library. On-site visitors may access the full collection of books, journals and online databases of the University. Remote users access the collections through our research service. The Library connects users to:
- Extensive collection of rubber, polymer and tire publications
- University of Akron Library collection: millions of print titles and thousands of journals in all disciplines.
- Specialized electronic databases (STN, Polymer Library, SciFinder Scholar/Chemical Abstracts)
- A professional researcher to help locate articles, conference papers, patents and book chapters
- Copies of technical papers from all Rubber Division, ACS meetings back to 1925
- Historical documents of Rubber Division, ACS and important people and companies in the industry
Rubber Testing Advisory Committee
Members of the Advisory Committee on Testing Procedures are available to provide advice on appropriate testing procedures used in the rubber industry. Rubber Division members and clients associated with established testing laboratories may use this service by contacting the Advisory Committee:
Chuck Brady (Rubber Division, ACS Technical Programs Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org
John Dick: email@example.com
Scott Granish: firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisory committee members all have at least 5 years of experience in the physical testing of rubber and elastomeric materials. The Committee meets annually to review testing data and lab performance reports published by Collabortive Testing Services, Inc (CTS). The committee provides test procedure guidance to CTS, recommends changes to ASTM or ISO test methods and offers advice on education and training opportunities for Rubber Division, ACS members.