Specification Rubber Products, Inc.
Date posted: 2023-06-29
Start date: 2023-08-01
Location: 1568 FIRST STREET NORTH, ALABASTER, Alabama 35007, US
Full/Part time: Full Time
Essential Functions: Responsible for the plant floor and all related matters. Success is determined by Safety, Efficiencies, Quality, and On-Time shipment KPIs. Create and execute plans. Lead, train, and coach the team in shop floor activities, including CI efforts. Own the shop floor and provide solid leadership and direction for the team. Celebrate wins and improve upon underperforming areas. Monitor and report activities.
Primary Job Tasks:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the manufacturing shop floor and processes. The conduit for Continuous Improvement activities.
- Lead the manufacturing team comprising of Supervisors, Process Technicians, Leadpersons, and all production personnel across all shifts in all aspects of day-to-day plant production activities, including but not limited to, maintaining a safe and organized work environment, adhering to ISO procedures, coaching, overseeing production reporting and data tracking.
- Consistently and thoroughly manage the CBA, Teammate Policy Manual, ISO and Quality manuals, and other rules governing the production floor and ensure the tracking of teammate attendance and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Monitor production and scrap rates of teammates. Identify when rates are not achieved, determine root causes, and implement corrective actions and improvement plans.
- Post KPIs daily on Visual boards (Safety, Production, Scrap, etc.).
- Monitor manning levels and assist in the evaluation of manning needs/requirements.
- Develop and modify written work instructions as needed.
- Participate in Team activities and work with others across various departments as required.
- Monitor and assist in establishing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Work with HR and the Union in teammate disagreements and grievances.
- Develop a record system for production departments allowing teammates to refer to previous operational data to assist in machine set-up and troubleshooting issues.
- Work daily with Quality and assist in ISO and Quality audits and communicate findings.
- Cover Supervisor absences as needed.
- Develop, conduct, and oversee employee training as required or necessary.
- Create, confirm, challenge manufacturing standards through time-studies and other methods.
- Other duties as assigned
General Job Qualifications:
Strong leadership skills required, with desire and capacities to mentor, teach and lead the manufacturing team to ensure success. Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of manufacturing floor operations. Must possess exceptional people skills, as well as strong organizational skills. Possess the ability to effectively manage/lead the team and balance multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Possess superior written and verbal skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. Practical communications skills are a must. Meet goals and objectives working with and through others. Must be a self-starter, a team player, and a catalyst for Continuous Improvements. A minimum of five years manufacturing experience is required in a supervisory or management role. Degree required. Experience in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP is a plus. Experience in Rubber processing/manufacturing and experience in a union shop is also a plus.
$65,000 - $72,000