Science & Technology Awards - How To Nominate
Science and Technology Awards nominators should use this as a checklist to assure all required documentation has been submitted. A digital copy (CD, flashdrive/USB or email file) of the nomination package must be provided to the Rubber Division, ACS Science and Technology Awards Committee and be received no later than June 30th. A signed hardcopy is no longer required.
Nomination packages must include all of the following:
- Signed letter nominating the individual for the specific award, to include nominee's and nominator's current addresses, email address and telephone number AND an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee’s invention, development, or innovation that has made significant change or contribution to the nature of the rubber industry. Note that the letter must identify the specific conditions of the nominee that qualify him or her for the award based upon stated criteria. Click here to see a sample letter.
- Signed letter (more than one acceptable) from another individual seconding nominator's nomination
- Biographical sketch of the nominee
- List of all previous awards and honors
- List of publications produced by the nominee
- List of patents granted to the nominee or their assignee
- A maximum of five (5) reprints or published technical papers that deal with the specific accomplishments of the nominee.
Please note, it is the responsibility of the nominator to send a follow-up message via email or phone to Ed Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org
or 330-595-5532) to confirm your nomination package was received.
Mail CD or flashdrive/USB containing the nomination package to:
Science & Technology Awards Committee Chair
c/o Ed Miller, Executive Director
Rubber Division, ACS
411 Wolf Ledges Parkway, Suite 201
Akron, OH 44311 USA
- OR -
Email the nomination package
Email the nomination package to: email@example.com